Friday, July 8, 2011

Update - Cartilage Piercing


So, yesterday I went to the Tattoo and Piercing shop and the guy changed out my stud to a ring. Which helped a lot to help the damaged area and the simplicity of cleaning the area.

All piercing shops have different after care procedures. However, from what I have read and talk to different piercers(?), people who pierce ears at piercing shops.

This Must-Do list is mainly for me (so I don't forget) and for people who just got their cartilage pierced or people who are thinking about it and wondering how to care for it.

Now this list I know is good for cartilage piercing, but for other piercings I don't know. You should call your local piercing shop and ask them. You might want to ask around more than one to see. And call the best one in town.


The Must Do's to Help Clean the Newly Pierced Ear or any body part (I think this excludes regular ear piercings - bottom holes):
1.) Use fragrance free soap to clean out your ears while in the shower (or sink)
1a.) Or you can use a microbial soap (?) A piercer that I talked to recommended H2Ocean Blue Green Foam Soap (you can also use this on tattoos)
2.) Also use some sort of aftercare after washing with soap such as salt water soaks, which you can look up on how to do it or by H2Ocean's Piercing Aftercare Spray.
2a.) If you do use the Spray spray 2-3 times a day. Even though the package says 5-6 times a day, you don't want to dry out your pierced area. Just a simple spritz will do.
3.) DON'T move the earring around. Unlike regular piercings which they recommend you to move the earrings around cartilage piercings are different.
4.) Do not use any chemicals such as Bactine to clean it. It's harmful to the pierced area.

You can purchase the spray and soap at your nearest piercing and/or tattoo shop or you can go online to their website, http://www.h2oceanstore.com/ , and check it out.


I am going to buy the foam soap and try it out and write a review and see who it works. I have already bought the spray but since it's only 1.5 fl. oz. I'll have to buy another one. If you go online it's 4 oz. and I shall write a review on it too.

Also, redness, soreness, and pain will occur during the first few weeks. So, don't get freaked out! Cleaning the cartilage piercing is SIMPLE, don't overthink it.

The reasons why for the Don't stuff. I don't know. Call or google. If there are any mistakes or additions please add. In no way am I endorsing these products. I have just read and been told that these products are the best out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment